SGY is for students grades 6-12. We meet each Sunday from 6:00pm-8:00pm. These evenings include games, worship, a message that the students can relate to, and time together in small groups that are age/gender specific to encourage more connections among the group (middle school boys, high school boys, middle school girls, and high school girls).
At SGY, we believe in:
1. FUN to connect with each other,
2. WORSHIP to connect with God, and
3. BIBLICAL TRUTH to connect the world to God.
At SGY, we dedicate our time to making soldiers for Christ. These are students who have been:
1. Loved so well that they love others fiercely and this draws those other people to Christ.
2. Equipped so well with spiritual weapons like the Truth of God’s Word that they are able to boldly stand through life’s tests.
3. Empowered and sent out into their community on a mission to make disciples and other soldiers for Christ.
4. Confident in their identity as sons and daughters of the King who do not conform to the pattern of this world, but rather, they are the catalyst that inspires change around them.
Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, and in purity.
– 1 Timothy 4:12 (NKJV)